18 December 2008

sometimes my heart pushes my ribs


this post is in support of ellen kennedy and her poetry book called
sometimes my heart pushes my ribs which will be published by muumuu house (tao lin) in march.

i interviewed ellen kennedy and tao lin, separately, and i think the result is interesting and meaningful.

i asked ellen this:
how did you meet tao lin?
ellen said this:
i read something tao wrote online and wanted to pre-order his first poetry book. i went on a trip to the museum of natural history for school, and took a picture of a bear statue. then, i emailed tao the picture of the bear and asked if i could pre-order his book. we emailed a few times after that, he asked me to write a bear parade book, and then he came to visit me when i lived in pennsylvania.

i asked tao this:
how did you meet ellen kennedy?
tao said this:
at one point ellen pre-ordered my first poetry book by emailing me and i think then sending me a check. when she sent the check she also sent a drawing of a hamster with a thought bubble which had a person's severed arm inside the thought bubble, i think. at another point ellen commented on my blog and i clicked her profile and got to her blog and commented on it, after which we emailed and gmail chatted for an amount of time, then met in real life.

pre-ordering books helps to deal with production costs and anxiety and also sends valuable positive energy to both the author and publisher which enables them to more freely pursue their endeavors





<br><br><br><br>






<br><br>


if your brother or sister, daughter or son is in the 4th grade and needs to pass art class, i will provide drawings of your choice for a small fee.
please contact me at matthewsavoca @ gmail.com