20 May 2009

altruism review

altruism was reviewed at htmlgiant. click here to see the post or just read this:

"I read “Altruism” by Matthew Savoca, whose blog you can reach here, and whose blog I have also read on a few occasions. I will call Matthew a poet. He has interesting facial hair and very deep set eyes according to the pictures on his blog. While I am unclear on the title’s significance, I do believe this poem is narrated by a young man who is having some relationship problems with his significcant other. I would even call this a “love poem”. I like how Savoca refers to football fields repeatedly as a unit of measurement. I like football, period. I also really liked this part, because it was funny (sorry the line breaks are off, I blame Wordpress):

what we’re not saying is that we are bored of each other

which really kind of means we are bored of who we are

when we are with each other

it’s the result of never spending time with anyone else

we talk about this

and then go spend some time with other people

until we remember that we don’t like other people

I could really relate to those lines."


do i have deep set eyes? how does having deep set eyes affect my life? do i see things differently? is this why people think i'm weird/look at me like i might be a furry animal that looks interesting and might be nice to touch?

i believe my story has made it past the first round of cuts in the brandon scott gorrell story contest. my story has been labelled 'CONTEST: MAYBE'. here is the link.

am i going to fail miserably at trying to achieve a position in life that feels sustainable? should i have become some sort of animal-worker? should i have studied biology or zoology in school? would i be in a better position than i currently am? would it be less hard to decide what to do in life? will i ever be able to secure a 30,000 - 50,000 dollar fellowship or grant award for my writing? can i find a part time job that will supply enough income for one or two people to live simply? does it exist? should i move back to the states? will obama make my life any better? should i move to north carolina?





<br><br><br><br>






<br><br>


if your brother or sister, daughter or son is in the 4th grade and needs to pass art class, i will provide drawings of your choice for a small fee.
please contact me at matthewsavoca @ gmail.com